Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Family time

What a wonderful weekend with my kids and grandkids! My son came home for possibly the last time before deployment. We had so much fun! It was a carefree weekend, no schedules to meet. We just did what we wanted to do. We went to Sarah's on Saturday and we laughed and cut up and played the Wii. It was all light hearted, nothing serious and it was our kind of foolishness. I took tons of pictures.

Today, however, my heart is overwhelmed. I know my son is leaving soon. My daughter has her own things she is dealing with. I thought that once your kids are grown that this pain for them and their situations would slack up but it doesn't. I think that a parent feels for their child more than the child feels for their self. You have lived most of what they go thru. I know I have not lived anything compared to what my son has been thru as far as seeing the things he's seen but I feel on a parental level what he feels...I feel on a parental level what my daughter feels and sometimes that is much deeper than what they feel.

The one thing that I have always stressed to my kids is that no matter what we go thru in this life it's the eternal life that matters. I have told them so many times that if I leave this life first I want to know that I will see them again. If they leave first I want to know that I will see them again. I know Jesus and that's always been my question to them...do you know that you know Jesus. That's all I care about! Everything else can be dealt with but our eternity is eternal..there's no going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment