Saturday, January 22, 2011

breaking cycles of generations

I have wondered lately that when God is asked to break the chains and cycles of certain things in a family that He has to go through everyone..I remember in 07 asking for a cycle (that who knows how many generations it had been part of life) to be broken. It had to stop immediately. Well, this particular thing did stop within 1 months time (for me). I stood my ground when I was faced with it and when I was awakened at night. I claimed Jesus everytime and soon I was left alone for a while..still the enemy creeps in but he knows he has no power and I will NOT invite him. See, the enemy knows he has to be invited back so I just claim the power of Jesus and what he did on the cross and the victory that was won!
 Now there is another cycle that has to be broken and it is running its course but soon the chains will be gone and the cycle broken and we will all be free!! God is faithful and gracious and full of mercy and He's holy.
In the middle of all that's going on I find a peace and a joy in knowing that the cycles are being ended and the chains broken. Painful, yes, but the pain will some day be just battle scars...... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment